Pages

Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Ball









A sort of non-cohesive/ugly post BUT our Year 11 Ball/Formal was on Saturday. It was held at our local racecourse and the committee did a really great job of decorating the place according to our theme "A Midsummer's Night Dream" (my floral headband probably makes more sense night). Due to daylight savings or whatever it was dark by 5:30 so nice outdoorsy pictures were not an option hence the lacking-in-mise-en-scene indoorsy ones

Highlights of the night
- My crumbed eggplant and brownies
- Nathaniel choking on ham
- Eliza stealing the last jug of water to which the whole table claps and then a domino effect has the entire year clapping for our jug of water
- Attempt at "The Living Room Routine" during Come on Eileen
- Miley Cyrus
- Dedicated Arctic Monkeys fans being the only ones interested in I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor

The Ball makes everyone feel warm and fuzzy and positive towards the rest of the year level. It's nice. The idea of the ball is so much bigger than the event. "Prom" is something you look forward to basically your whole life and then it just...happens. It's four hours. It'll never happen again. That was it. We went back to school on Monday and life was as normal.

Sigh...





I visited the beach at sunset a few days ago and it was beautiful. Completely alone on the sea were two fisherman in a tiny rowboat. The sun had turned the water entirely orange and their silhouettes seemed so simplistic and peaceful against this backdrop. It was perfect.

Talk soon!

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures of the sky are absolutely stunning omfg! It looks so perfectly serene, sort of like a painting. I'm so obsessed with them, I might try and paint them some time! You looked so pretty at your ball! I love the flower crown! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my prom now haha! I'm hoping they'll play 'Come on Eileen' bc I've been trying (and failing) to nail that dance since the film came out. I adore the sunset/water photos! xxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange is such a lovely colour against your skin. And you're right, dreaming and preparing for "The Big Dance" is a lot better than the real thing.

    glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those pictures are so lovely!
    & I wish I could pull off orange that well....
    It sounds like you had fun, so kudos to you! I never have fun at those things, mostly because ours end up being a grind-fest.
    Anyway, love your blog!

    http://navigating-fairyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your outfit is gorgeous~ and midsummer night's dream sounds like an awesome theme! And that sunset....asfdgghhuiijh I've never witnessed such an amazing sunset! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete